Stephen Smith (France) Ltd Forum Index Stephen Smith (France) Ltd

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interest only mortgages and leaseback properties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stephen Smith (France) Ltd Forum Index -> Legal Q and A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unknown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Interest only mortgages and leaseback properties Reply with quote

I have been offered an interest only mortgage to buy a leaseback property in France. The sellers tell me that this will cover my mortgage costs and leave me with a guaranteed rental income. Is this true?
unknown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My immediate reaction is no! I do not know how you propose paying off your mortgage at the end of the term (as this is an interest only mortgage you will still have to pay back the capital). What should happen if the value of the leaseback property decreases rather than appreciates over the years? You should take professional financial advice which will tell you that the mortgage rate could well fluctuate in years to come. This will leave you out of pocket. Please be careful about the term “guaranteed rental income”. Remember that at the expiry of the lease there will no longer be any guaranteed rental income. How will you then service your mortgage repayment? You need separate independent legal advice when entering into a leaseback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stephen Smith (France) Ltd Forum Index -> Legal Q and A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: